Matisse: a doctoral school in Mathematics and Sciences and Technologies of Information
The Matisse doctoral school gathers the doctorate students preparing a thesis or PhD in the following fields:
- Mathematics & Applied Mathematics
- Computer sciences, Computer automation, Robotics
- Signal & Image processing
- Electronics & Microelectronics
- Optoelectronics & Microwaves
Institutions habilitated to deliver the doctorate
In agreement with University of Rennes 1, six other institutions may deliver the diploma of doctorate in the field of the Matisse doctoral school. The seven institutions are:
The École Nationale de la Statistisque et de l'Analyse de l'Information and the Centre Inria Rennes-Bretagne Atlantique are associated members.
The related laboratories linked to Matisse
A doctoral school is composed of research laboratories linked to High Education institutions. These laboratories can be common to several institutions and associated to research organisms. The main laboratories in the fields devoted to Matisse and linked to the partner institutions are the following:
- Institut d'Électronique et de Télécommunications de Rennes (IETR - CNRS)
- Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes Aléatoires (IRISA - INRIA)
- Centre Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique (INRIA Rennes)
- Institut de Recherche en Mathématiques de Rennes (IRMAR - CNRS)
- Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image (LTSI - INSERM)
Some researchers of EXCESS, LATIM, LAB-STICC and SATIE are PhD adivsors.
In agreement with the law text arrêté du 25 mai 2016 relatif au doctorat the Matisse doctoral school has the following missions. The doctoral school organizes the studies for doctors and prepares them to the professional insertion. The doctoral school dispenses a multidisciplinary culture in the field of a coherent scientific project. The doctoral school contributes to the international visibility of doctors and attached laboratories.